Facetime not working.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ethanlong904, Oct 2, 2010.

1. ethanlong904 macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2010
    My friend recently got an Iphone4 so I wanted to try and FaceTime her but when I call her it doesnt work. Ive tried using FaceTime when im in the phone call and also just doing it thru contacts and not making a phone call. We both are on Wifi but it doesnt connect. After I cancel the FaceTime call because it doesnt go thru a message pops up saying she missed my Facetime call but she never got an invite to accept. When I do it thru the call there is also a question mark over the facetime icon, dont know if that has anything to do with it. Any suggestions on what can be wrong?
  2. draz macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2010
    There could be several reasons:

1) Your friend is not on an official iPhone carrier.. Such as only iPhone 4's on AT&T work with FaceTime, if you have T-Mobile's service it won't work.

2) Your friend did a restore to a previous iPhone 3G(s) and doing so she will need to activate the FaceTime option manually:
    Settings -> Phone -> FaceTime ON
  3. ethanlong904 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2010
    We both have at&t and facetime is on for both of us. Any other suggestions?
  4. ariesgallagr macrumors newbie

Oct 3, 2010
    FaceTime for iPod 4th Gen

I just bought the iPod 4th gen. I try to use FaceTime and it says, cannot verify email or something like that. So it also says it will send me a verification email. But I never received it. Any ideas on what to do.
  5. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Nov 9, 2009
    Long Island