Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
Ok so when i got my new ipod touch for christmas, i restore it from a back up from an iphone i just wanted to photo roll to be there, but when my gf want to facetime with me she dosent used the email she uses the phone number is this normal? is there a way or restore ur ipod and just get the pictures from a back up?

ajohansson

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011
Ok so when i got my new ipod touch for christmas, i restore it from a back up from an iphone i just wanted to photo roll to be there, but when my gf want to facetime with me she dosent used the email she uses the phone number is this normal? is there a way or restore ur ipod and just get the pictures from a back up?

She can edit your contact to add ur email to it and have her face time to the email address. When she goes to ur contact and touches FaceTime it will giver her the option of what to use for FaceTime. She selects email and ur good to go.

You can get pictures on your pod a number of different ways.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Facetime isn't driven by telephone numbers but by Apple ID's. You just happen to have your old contact with a telephone number assigned to an AppleID/iPhone. My son can FaceTime me from his iPod Touch and his contact for me shows my telephone number. But it can ring on my iPad at the same time since both my iPhone and iPad use the same AppleID.

ajohansson

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011
Facetime isn't driven by telephone numbers but by Apple ID's. You just happen to have your old contact with a telephone number assigned to an AppleID/iPhone. My son can FaceTime me from his iPod Touch and his contact for me shows my telephone number. But it can ring on my iPad at the same time since both my iPhone and iPad use the same AppleID.

Yes I failed to cover that part. So when you set up your device you enter your email that your ID is attached to. an ID can have lots of emails. We have 4 for our account (Wife, Myself and 2 kids). So she adds your email thats on your device to your contact on her phone, computer, touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.