Facetime over 3G without jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phiber, May 12, 2011.

1. phiber macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I currently have a jailbroken iphone 4. I like it but it's getting a bit slow, and I would like to restore it to apple's original software for convenience when synching and updating my phone.

However, one of the things I use a lot is facetime over 3G. It works pretty well on my JB phone, but I was wondering if there was any way I could make facetime work over 3G without having to be jailbroken?

Thanks for the help guys!

2. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

As far as I'm aware, FaceTime over 3G is not possible at this time without Jailbreaking.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. phiber thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn too bad :/
    Well, I'll see what I do then...thanks guys!

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

phiber:

You should probably create a new topic over in the Hacks forums to see if you can get some help with your phone. Your phone shouldn't be slower simply because you're jailbroken - there has to be more to it than that. Perhaps there is a specific app or a conflict of apps that is causing the slowdown. Don't accept that a jailbroken phone is slower - that's just not true. And don't go back to stock if you really need something that jailbreaking has to offer.

Also, you mentioned convenience when syncing. What exactly is inconvenient about syncing your phone when it's jailbroken? It works the same as a stock phone. As far as updating goes, you obviously can't update via itunes if you're jailbroken but it's really not that hard to avoid updating by accident and simply waiting for an updated jb.