FaceTime over Cellular Activated for Unlimited Data Users with iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Chocolatemilty, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

So, I just received a FaceTime call this morning while I was at the store and was taken aback, as I'm an unlimited data user. I know that AT&T has been slowly rolling this out for grandfathered subscribers, but I haven't had the feature since that announcement. I checked Settings and, sure enough, FaceTime is checked as "on" under the Cellular tab. Is this just part of the gradual rollout of FaceTime over Cellular, or perhaps this came about with iOS 7 Beta 6 (I'm certain the on/off switch for FaceTime wasn't present when I checked in previous betas, as it was in blue text in the options with "Set Up Personal Hotspot")?

[​IMG]

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It was rolled out to me before any iOS 7 betas became available. Maybe it just got to you and the timing is a coincidence? Receiving my first one was a "shock". :)

3. Chocolatemilty, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013

Chocolatemilty thread starter macrumors 6502a

This very well could be the case. It was just got because I remember checking around beta 4 time, and it wasn't a option, and now it is and automatically turned on. I won't complain, just wondering if other unlimited data plan users were seeing the make thing on iOS 7.

4. prk60091 macrumors member

FaceTime over cellular for this AT&T grandfathered unlimited data user in Chicago has not yet happened (currently using iphone4s on ios7b6)

5. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Wow, sorry to read that. I noticed it was available to us in the Twin Cities about six months ago or so. I don't use it much, but my wife does when shopping. She FaceTimes with her friends in China to help pick out clothes, purses, and cosmetics to buy for them.