FaceTime Over cellular finally avail for me. Grandfathered unlimited

redbeard331

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2009
Started working for a friend of mine that lives half mile away, still not activated for me though..

Where are you located?

JavierDiaz4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Started working for a friend of mine that lives half mile away, still not activated for me though..

Where are you located?
East Rutherford, NJ. Actually drove from central jersey all the way to NYC and it worked fine thinking it was geographically limited. It's probably being rolled out by user

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Hasn't 3G FaceTime on AT&T been enabled for all LTE devices regardless of data plan since December? The only devices that would see a change from AT&T's new policy would be 4S users on iOS 6+ with unlimited data.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hasn't 3G FaceTime on AT&T been enabled for all LTE devices regardless of data plan since December? The only devices that would see a change from AT&T's new policy would be 4S users on iOS 6+ with unlimited data.
Nope, my i5 on unlimited data hasn't had that option available at all.
It just appeared about a few days ago.
It was for all LTE devices but not unlimited iPhone data plans.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I wouldn't call it completely available until all applicable iPhones have it. There are a number of people using the 4 and 4S that don't have it and won't until the end of the year.

In short, works for you =/= works for everyone.

BL.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I went to check on mine today, just because of this thread. Not that I ever use it, but my interest was piqued. Interestingly, it was already set to use mobile data. Strange. :confused:

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Mine too! Can't test it since no one I know is awake, but that's exciting. Far more useful now, I think.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I went to check on mine today, just because of this thread. Not that I ever use it, but my interest was piqued. Interestingly, it was already set to use mobile data. Strange. :confused:
Same here. The "use cellular data" option for facetime on my iPhone was always switched off by default. When I would try to switch it on in the past I'd get the message saying I needed to switch to a tiered plan.

I see this morning that it is now switched on by default.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Nope, my i5 on unlimited data hasn't had that option available at all.
It just appeared about a few days ago.
It was for all LTE devices but not unlimited iPhone data plans.
Same here. Just looked and seen it was not only available (not grayed out) but also was turned on. Before, its been off and disabled.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I doubt it.
Hope they follow Tmobiles approach on subsidies and lower the montly premium on customers with paid off devices.
That would be nice. However, I'm not sure they will do that under the "AT&T" brand. They are playing with the idea using their own MVNO, AIO.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
I was able to do FaceTime over cellular today on my iphone 5 AT&T unlimited data plan. I'm in Minneapolis

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
Looks like its on for Lexington KY. My cellular option automatically switched to On. Haven't tested yet though.