Facetime Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ducktales, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ducktales macrumors regular

Whenever I facetime and either party switch the camera to the back camera, the little screen freezes. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. macmulisha macrumors member

3. andylee97 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem also, facetime only works in front facing mode and when I switch to the back camera it just freezes up they can still hear me but the last image they see of me is stuck and when I switch back to the front facing camera then it continues to work again. tired it three times at three different locations all with good wifi with same results.

4. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I had the same issue once. Not entirely certain what changed to make it work but I know I rebooted at least once between attempts.

5. MacBacker macrumors member

No problem here. You might want to swap it out for another iPhone.

Did you wander outside your wifi connection area by chance?

6. andylee97 macrumors newbie

7. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I had a LONG FaceTime call today with my Daughter and Niece in the SF area (I'm in San Diego)...the call went flawlessly...incredible video and the audio quality was better than a normal AT&T call...
    Perhaps your Wifi was the source of the problem?

8. gswilder macrumors regular

Wrong Camera?

I tried today with a friend of mine who was over visiting.

I dialed his number, and he answered.

I pressed "facetime" on my iPhone. Facetime popped up showing my face.

He responded to my facetime request on his phone.

But both of us could only see ourselves on our iphones. We could not see each other on our respective phones.

Any ideas?

9. scgrl13 macrumors newbie

solution to this problem

I can't take credit for this fix, but it works! I had this same freezing-while-swapping-camera-angles problem.

"First go to settings. Then go to Phone. Where it says FaceTime tap it so it turns off, then retap it to turn it back on. Then press the button on the bottom of the iphone to go back to the home screen. Next, Press that same button along with the top power button until you see the silver apple. Only let go when you see the apple, because there is an option to turn off the iphone by sliding the bar, so just hold the two buttons. The iphone will basically hard reboot. Dont worry you wont lose anything. Then it will start up by itself. Next, make a call and try it. It will be fixed. Hope this helps everyone!"

10. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

just tried it the other night...but didnt experience any freezing.

11. Weiser878 macrumors regular

I use facetime pretty often, but never on WiFi, just over the 3G network (Jailbroken) and I've never had this problem. It sometimes takes it several seconds to switch, but I've never had it not transition.

What iOS are you running?