Facetime Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bensnowden, Apr 25, 2011.

1. bensnowden macrumors newbie

bensnowden

I've tried to use Facetime on my new MBP. It came pre loaded. Camera picks me up, but when I try to dial a contact it just keeps ringing and the contact never receives any notification.
    Any suggestions? How would i reinstall it since it came preloaded? Would I have to buy it from the Appstore?
    Cheers

2. kyle1320 macrumors regular

kyle1320

May be something wrong with your contact's Facetime, If it was ringing and all then it doesn't seem like it would be something wrong with yours. Have you tried multiple contacts?

3. couto27 macrumors 6502

when you see this issue are you using a smc router ?

4. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

i think you might have to repurchase it,i would back it up to usb before uninstalling it,or copy it somehow,are you signed into your apple account when making calls,?

5. iMackPro macrumors 6502

you cant repurchase it. as far as i know, it comes preinstalled, but if you want to buy the update you STILL have to pay $0.99. Unless, they changed it recently. But to my knowledge, thats how it works, and its VERY stupid.

as for the OP, it sounds like it their computer and not yours, or maybe you're calling the eMail wrong or something, it doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. unless the info is wrong.

6. Meetster macrumors member

I have the same problem with a MBP 2011 2.0 and with a MBP 2011 2.2