facetime Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stefmesman, May 6, 2011.

1. stefmesman macrumors 6502

so ive been using facetime with a friend for some while now.he and i both have an imac. now we know its possible to also do facetime between an imac and an iphone 4. (i have an iphone 4) so how would we activate/do this? is it possible to call from an iphone to his mac with facetime? and also the other way around. if so how?

thanks!

2. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

You facetime either a phone number or an email address, its that simple. So from your iphone 4 you facetime his email address or from his iMac he can facetime your phone number, you just have to have each other setup in contacts accordingly.

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

iPhone 4's will use it's phone number to start a Facetime call, on the iMac and other devices they will use an email address, likely your Apple ID or whatever you have specified.

On the iPhone you have your contacts details (phone number or email) and pressing the Facetime button on that page you can make a call. Same idea with the Mac client, although my contacts aren't showing up currently (CardDav bug) so I just use the recents.

4. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502

so how do i start up an facetime from my iphone to his imac?

he has both my iphone number and my e-mail adress, and i have his e-mail adress.

5. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502

i cannot find an facetime button on his contact details page. or am i searching in the wrong spot?

6. MBP13, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011

MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13

If you do not see the Facetime button, you must enable Facetime in Settings. Here are the steps without putting them into sentence and paragraphs.

Settings > Restrictions > Enter your passcode/word if you have one > Enable Restrictions > Facetime > Slide slider to ON.

After that, you should now see the Facetime button in the contacts.

Don't forget to enter your friend's email address in his contacts. After that, when you click the Facetime button in your friend's contact, you can choose if you want to Facetime his phone or his Mac.

I hope this helps! :)

7. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502

8. MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13