Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
so on the new ipod touch 4 when you tap on facetime in the settings it comes up with 'sign in to apple ID' but it also has an option of 'create new account'

does the 'create new account' create a new itunes ID (and you may have to put in your credit card details)?
or does it just create a facetime specific account that is separate from an apple ID for itunes?

if anyone has screen shots of that account set up process it would be helpfull the best I could find on the internet is this which shows the first setup option.

tucker61

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2008
Just done this for my daughter.
It Is like a new iTunes account but you don't need credit card.
You are asked for email address, password, date and month of birth, if you want to subscribe to emails, then you have to verify the email address you have used.

Once you have verified you can facetime.

Took about 5 minutes in total to set up.

Sorry did not get screen shots.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Yeah, I did the same thing for my wife. We have the same iTunes account, well, she shares mine. But we both needed separate FaceTime emails obviously, so I did what tucker61 did.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
yeah thats why I was wondering, we have 2 ipods on one account and I just wanted to make sure what was going to happen if I set it up that way.
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.