FaceTime sort of explained.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZebraineZ, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

People are complaining that it's only iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 and that it's wifi only.

I think that apple along with it's own implementation is going to release an API for FaceTime so that developers could have access to it and we would basically have other video chat apps, same way they have camera and mic and video recording API's why wouldn't they have one for FaceTime?

You could basically choose to use FaceTime (it's implemented pretty decent to be honest) or whatever other video chat app that's going to be the new 'hot' app that developers will charge a lot of money for lol, Fring already got 1 way I doubt they wouldn't update their app, likewise with any other apps that might pop up.

Also, give wifi only a rest, honestly, if you are so sour over it just jailbreak (yes jailbreak, or stop complaining) and use the wifi spoofer (forgot it's name). If you don't want to jailbreak (why wouldn't you...I'd steal the iPhone 4's virginity in a heart beat), you can always suck it up and be patient for them to implement it for 3G, they aren't going to leave all users out in the cold, there are users in Europe and other places other than America that have decent 3G speeds (and stability).

2. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

It seems that although the "facetime" thing will be somewhat of a fad, the hardware itself will open the door for further functionality. The ability to video chat with a home or office computer for example, seems like it would be far more practical -- and I'm sure will be somewhere in the pipeline.