FaceTime Verizon iPhone Help Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Killadream, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Killadream macrumors newbie

So I bought a Verizon iPhone from this lady off of craigslist, and I never no Verizon plan as of yet, but I'm using wifi @ home with the phone, but I can't seem to get FaceTime to work, I'm planing on flashing the phone to metro pcs, but in the mean time please help with FaceTime. Here's a link to the screen shot
    [​IMG]

2. Z¡G macrumors newbie

I am sorry, i know nothing of FaceTime but i do know that metroPCS for CDMA iphone only provides talk and text. there will be no data at all. you are better off flashing to cricket.

P.S. i am pretty sure you need an email address to use FT. i think the email account you use for itunes.

3. SR71 macrumors 68000

I own a Verizon iPhone and for FaceTime people call you through either your e-mail address (if calling from an iPod Touch, iPad, or Mac) or through your phone number (if calling from another iPhone).

4. larock macrumors member

I wondeer if the phone has to be activated for FaceTime to work.....

Try putting it in AirPlane mode then connecting to WiFi and see if it works then. Have you gone into the FaceTime setting and set it up to use an email account or your Apple ID?

I'm just tossing ideas out there. I can put my phone in AirPlane mode and make FaceTime calls over WiFi, but my phone is activated.....

5. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Until iOS5 your phone uses the phone number for facetime for people to call you. So you need a phone number to be able to use it.

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

This, it won't work without cellular connectivity. You could get the iOS5 beta to get it working.

7. Killadream thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the help, I guess I'll just wait for iOS 5
    I flashed my phone to mobi pcs in Hawaii, so I have a number now, but still FaceTime won't work?