FaceTime via 3G while on a roller coaster

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
Awesome but I have a question. Did you manually enter that link into bit.ly or did it automatically change when you posted the link here?

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Pretty cool. I guess FaceTime over 3G would be one of the major draws for me in terms of jailbreaking, but then again, I don't even personally know anybody else with an iPhone 4 :p

FunkyTang

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
What's up with the ceiling fan and light reflection in the video? Is this your first time video recording something?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
That was so cool! You see that Apple? That is the type of crap that will sell phones. Take note.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
What's up with the ceiling fan and light reflection in the video? Is this your first time video recording something?
I didn't want to look obvious. They'll kick people out for trying to record video on a ride. But I've done it a bunch of times.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
These are cool videos but I assume you were holding the phone in your hand while recording correct?

So, if you had dropped your phone from the coaster it could have potentially hit someone on the ground or in the seat behind you at 50mph or faster. That would hurt. There's a reason why the operators say that you cannot use these devices while riding.

coasterider

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Washington, DC
Nice! You FaceTimed while one Screamin! Well done :) Disney doesn't care about recording on that ride. They make you take everything on with you anyways, so they can't stop you..

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Nice! You FaceTimed while one Screamin! Well done :) Disney doesn't care about recording on that ride. They make you take everything on with you anyways, so they can't stop you..
I dunno if it's different there than at WDW, but I got yelled at for trying to record (with a video camera) on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster due to the fast launch. Apparently a lot of people had suffered a lot of black eyes from their own cameras slamming into their faces upon launch when they tried to film the whole ride.

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
That was so cool! You see that Apple? That is the type of crap that will sell phones. Take note.
I imagine would love everyone to be able to make calls over 3G but there are some countries around the world that have really crappy data (*cough*AT&T*cough*ruiningitforeveryone*cough) coverage so it's currently wifi only until the carriers beef up their networks.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I was hoping that this video would have gone "viral" or something. Nobody has done anything as crazy as this with FaceTime via 3G.

I imagine would love everyone to be able to make calls over 3G but there are some countries around the world that have really crappy data (*cough*AT&T*cough*ruiningitforeveryone*cough) coverage so it's currently wifi only until the carriers beef up their networks.
I still don't see why people complain about AT&T... I'm at freaking Universal Studios in Hollywood as I type this. People everywhere using iPhones. Data and voice are all fine. AT&T is awesome IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.