Facetime: What's your verdict?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GimmeSlack12, Jul 29, 2010.

?

How often do you use Facetime (iPhone 4)?

1. Fantastic I use it quite often (weekly)

41 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. It's cool but I don't use it too much (monthly)

32 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I like it but don't know many people to use it with

66 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. It's alright but don't use it much

15 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. I haven't found anyone to use it with

81 vote(s)
    31.6%
  6. I don't use it/Don't care

21 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

So iPhone 4 has been out for a little while. What's your verdict for Facetime, if you've used it? Poll it up guys!

2. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I only know 2 people with an iPhone 4. One of which is my sister and the other is my friend. I wish you could talk to people who use iChat. I'd get more use out of the front facing camera.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Amazing feature. Love it.

And about 90% of the time I want to use it, 1 person doesn't have Wi-fi.

So I don't use it much. Wish I could, though.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I have had my iPhone 4 for about 3 weeks now. Haven't made a facetime call yet, I don't know anyone else with an iPhone 4...

May be crazy but what if customer service started to use facetime technology? That could be interesting. Would make me feel more like they care and if I could show them the problem that could be great.

5. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I don't know anyone else with a iPhone 4 either! :mad: Can't wait to try out FaceTime once I do!

6. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

7. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I have used it a couple of times. I work 24 hour shifts so it is nice to be able talk to the wife and kids face to face.

8. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

I only used it once and it was okay. I'd really like to see it on an iPod Touch, Mac and PC though, because at the moment it feels like a crippled feature to me so I could use it instead of Skype to keep in touch with my girlfriend and family. Skype has very much so become a "must-use-but-don't-want-to-use" program recently and I think Facetime would be a welcome contender for video chat. Here's hoping they release a new iPod Touch with a camera!

9. xyz1534 macrumors regular

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Very cool. Will be great once they can get it work on 3G. Though I suspect that will happen sometime around the launch of IP5. Still though, neat concept. Only wish more people I knew had an IP4.

11. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

Will be completely bad ass when/if Apple approves this app!

Check out this app! ---> FacePlant

12. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

13. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Yeah, I'm not sure why they did not allow you to talk cross platform to macs with iChat. To me, that would be way more useful.

14. rjgonzales macrumors regular

Very cool, but until I can use it anywhere and not just in a wi-fi hotspot, it's still a gimmick.

15. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

It's cool but talking to other adults via Facetime is awkward after awhile.. it's great for showing the relatives what the kids are up to, though. My kids really get a kick out of it. :)

16. JReynolds macrumors 6502

I'm assuming you're a firefighter? Seems like we're the only ones that work odd shifts like that.

I use it EVERY NIGHT and on most lunch breaks to see my wife and new baby at home. Makes the fire dept that much better!

17. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

It's totally useless for me! I don't know anyone with an iPhone never mind an iPhone 4! plus even if a did we'd need to arrange a time via text/call to use face time... Would be a lot quicker/simpler to just talk/text!

I hope face time will soon be able to be used over 2g/3G and wifi! And not just between iPhones, but any phone with a front facing camera! So unfortunately until then I have no use whatsoever of face time... The only use a have for the front facing camera is to use it as a mirror....

18. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Ive used it many times. The best use was to show my brother our niece. He lives over 160 miles away so doesn't get to see her often.

19. orange42 macrumors 6502a

I don't know many people with the new phone so I've only used it about 2-3 times.

What's the difference in option 2 and 4?

20. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I'd definitely use it! If I knew a friend who I could use it with. :(

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

21. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I love it. I use it every weekday to check in with my husband at lunch. It's not to hard to find some place that has free wifi and spend 10 - 15 minutes talking to him. :)

22. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I've used it with 3 different people for a total of 5 times since launch.

It's neat, but as others have said, Facetime needs to be in more hands for it to really be useful.

My mom just upgraded her 3G two days ago, and I Facetimed with her for a couple of minutes while I was at a restaurant waiting for my food so we could test it out. I'll be going back to college in a couple of weeks, so it'll be nice to use to see my family back home face-to-face.

I've iChatted with my parents several times while away in College, but this is a lot more convenient because you don't have to hassle with getting on the computer which my parents don't use much. What I like about the iPhone is that since it's so simple and handy to hold, you can Facetime in occasions when you just want to have a quick word with someone.

23. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Or option 3 & 5 ?

24. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I've used it twice. Once to Apple and then last night to my parents.

I like it.

25. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Used it twice and like it but it is limited with only wifi and iphone4 users able to use it. If they make it available on more devices then I think it would it would take off.