Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevin86

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
So I just finished jailbreaking my iPad and I installed MyWi on it. So then I had an idea. What if I tethered the iPhone to the iPad. Would it then let me use facetime since we don't have wifi at work.

Well I set it up and it worked FLAWLESSLY. I was shocked at how well it performed.

muncheroo

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
So I just finished jailbreaking my iPad and I installed MyWi on it. So then I had an idea. What if I tethered the iPhone to the iPad. Would it then let me use facetime since we don't have wifi at work.

Well I set it up and it worked FLAWLESSLY. I was shocked at how well it performed.

doesn't that just prove at&t has the bandwidth for facetime? pretty lame of them to ban it if you ask me.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
doesn't that just prove at&t has the bandwidth for facetime? pretty lame of them to ban it if you ask me.

What it proves is that if only a few people hack their way to use FaceTime via 3G then AT&T has the bandwidth for it. It does not prove that AT&T has the bandwidth if it were readily available for everyone.

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
What is proves is that if only a few people hack their way to use FaceTime via 3G then AT&T has the bandwidth for it. It does not prove that AT&T has the bandwidth if it were readily available for everyone.

Exactly. That's why it's nice to be one of those few people. ;)

kevin86

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
It doesn't really piss me off that AT&T doesn't have the bandwidth. I mean we (iPhone users) really are putting a big strain on their network. I really wonder if Verizon's would be able to handle it any better. I don't understand cell networks enough to even predict that.

I forgot there is a 3g unrestrictor app. I can't wait then for the ip4 jb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.