Facetime while on HandsFree in your vehicle

vinzer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Hmm... I just tried to FaceTime with my other phone while I am in my vehicle and my i4 connected to handsfree....... and guess what - it does not allow me to :(

I was thinking that once My3G or similar is out I will be able to drive in my car and while on 3G and connected to my vehicle's built in handsfree to use facetime. Am I doing something wrong or it is not designed for HF ?

:confused:

manhole1

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
When California first passed their handsfree law they forgot to include "texting" in the law. So 6-months later they added that to the law. I can just see it now, they will need to add another provision making it illegal to video chat and drive.

luxx80

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
Hmm... I just tried to FaceTime with my other phone while I am in my vehicle and my i4 connected to handsfree....... and guess what - it does not allow me to :(

I was thinking that once My3G or similar is out I will be able to drive in my car and while on 3G and connected to my vehicle's built in handsfree to use facetime. Am I doing something wrong or it is not designed for HF ?

Were you driving?

dseig001

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Driving while on Facetime?

You are the cancer that is killing MacRumors.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Eyes are for the road, not to be looking at your hot boyfriend/girlfiend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.