facetime with macs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nunes013, Sep 2, 2010.

1. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

so since apples special event didnt mention anything about facetime being able to be used between computers, when do you all think it will, hopefully soon :confused:

2. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

they gotta be working on it, I mean they have it set up to work with iPod touches so it's only a matter of time. I bet by the time iPad 2 comes out there will be facetime on our computers as well.

3. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

not to change the topic but i was looking at the new apple tv and it says it can be controlled from the remote app, i feel an ios 4 update for it coming very soon since its one of the only apps that they havent updated :D

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The Remote App has been out and working for a wile,
    [​IMG]

The 4.2 update that is due to be released in November will let you stream content using AirPlay from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch directly to the New Apple TV, not the old one.
    [​IMG]

5. nunes013 thread starter macrumors 65816

nunes013

i know but im saying it says you can control from the app, but they havent updated for the retina display so im guessing they will pretty soon now that the ipod touch has it as well

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

7. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

In fairness, there's probably more people working on the new version of the Remote app since I'm sure it needs a lot of new artwork and features than it had before to be a worthwhile, elegant remote control for the Apple TV.

8. davwin macrumors regular

I think iChat support and more is likely to come before the end of the year. Apple still hasn't released the FT frameworks but, they are supposed to be out soon. Point being that whether it is Apple developed or not: once the framework is out we *should get iChat, Skype, etc integration (even if its just a custom prefs plist).

Access to the cameras is already available so I'm hopefull that we'll see proprietary clients out very soon (ie: Skype with Video, Fring officially supported, a new version of PocketBone and more).

9. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

Being able to facetime my parents through my iphone using their mac would be great. I wonder why Apple has not addressed this.