Facetime with MY3G and even WiFi broke after Cydia Update?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikejd1, Aug 4, 2010.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

Last night around 10:00pm ET I was using my3G and facetime while i was out. This morning, Cydia had a couple updates, one of them being MobileSubstrate. After updating Cydia, I can no longer get Facetime to work. It attempts to connect, but then call failed.

I tried on 3G and WiFi, with no luck. ANyone else having this issue?

I tried rebooting, disable and re-enable facetime, and reset network settings. No Luck!

UPDATE: In the Phone settings, it now says "Facetime ON. Activation Unsuccessful. Turn on facetime and try again...and it repeats with attempting to activate..

2. RudyToms macrumors newbie

I just tried FaceTime with both wifi and 3G with My3G after doing the MobileSubstrate and other Cydia updates and it worked just fine for me

3. outz macrumors 6502

i don't have my3g, but i did install the cydia updates and i don't see the "Activation Unsuccessful" i was unable to establish a wifi facetime with a another jailbroken phone (it worked yesterday) i'm not sure if it's related to the cydia update or not.

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Facetime activation takes sometime. In my case took like 30 mins. Turn it off then on. and wait. reboot might also help.

5. snapp919 macrumors newbie

Deleting iphonedelivery from cydia did the trick for me, had the same problem with new updates for cydia

6. djuarez03 macrumors regular

I'm also having issues with FaceTime this morning after updates. I have My3G installed also, but I'm getting a message that says "FaceTime Failed. You must connect to a WiFi netword". It was working fine over 3G yesterday though.

I've tried rebooting, but it didn't help. I tried deleting iphonedelivery, but I don't seem to have it installed. It doesn't show up under the Cydia packages. Anyone else have a solution?

7. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

My FaceTime icon doesn't even show up in my phone call only the hold icon even when I doubled check that FaceTime was turned on in settings.

8. djuarez03 macrumors regular

UPDATE: I went into My3G and disabled and then re-enabled the unrestricting on MobilePhone, and I enabled the Direct Flag option, and then rebooted. Seems like that made FaceTime work again. I can't totally confirm yet because I'm waiting for my brother to pick up my Facetime request, but at least it's dialing now. Before, it would just give me the "Need to be on wifi" message. We'll see...

9. listenclose macrumors member

I've tried all of the suggestions above and the only thing that works to activate FaceTime is to remove My3G and reboot. This really sucks. I went from the most awesome phone in the world yesterday, back to lame:(

10. Atenza6 macrumors member

facetime only works if I send it

My facetime will only work if I send it to someone. If someone sends me a facetime it will say that im busy once I accept it. This is my issue regardless if im using 3g or wifi. I tried uninstalling my3g and turning facetime on and off and I still have this issue. I even did the reset network settings. This sucks because I jailbroke both my sister and my girlfriends iphone 4's and they are able to both send and receive facetime with 3g or wifi. Anyone know what is wrong with mine?

11. listenclose macrumors member

Same boat. I set up my wife, friend and coworker's iphone 4 and their facetimes are working fine.

12. jondele macrumors newbie

same issue here, when my wife accepts, it says she is busy.. anyone else?

13. Atenza6 macrumors member

This is driving me nuts. I want to be able to receive facetime calls too. At least through wifi like its suppose to.

14. andrewsd macrumors 6502

tinkering

Well maybe you should not have jail-broke your phone. People do what you want with your phone but if you have no idea what you're doing then don't jailbreak it. Funny how you are going against your user agreement and trying all these 'mods' then wonder why it doesn't work or why you can't get it to work..

Unless you are a mechanic then you probably (majority of people) take your car to one to get it worked on when needed.. Why because you have no idea how to fix it.. If you install a turbo on it and then UH OH something go bad in the car/engine it's not a surprise.. Especially if not done by a professional. Long rant sorry but simply don't be surprised if it does not work 100% and needs tinkering and then don't complain when something bad happens.

15. Atenza6 macrumors member

I have been jailbreaking since the first iphone. I had every single one and I jailbroke all of them. Im not new to jailbreaking the iphone, but I do post things like this facetime issue here to see if anyone is having the same problem and whether someone found a way to fix it. Trust me I know that "mods" may sometimes not work correctly. "Long rant for you too buddy sorry but simply don't complain when you read threads about people having issues with mods on an iphone hack section." Thats like saying don't post a thread in the iphone accessories section about cases and screenshields that have problems.

16. outz macrumors 6502

lol...

yeah, no kidding. how else are you supposed to congregate and determine what piece of software is causing specific issues if you don't post and talk about them.

i swear if you fanboys had your way this forum would only be posts of people licking steve jobs ass. *slurp*

17. jondele macrumors newbie

18. chrisc983 macrumors member

Anyone have any luck with this I tried all suggestions listed here bu no luck. I really don't want to restore again.

19. zurie macrumors newbie

I was having facetime issues. So i did a full DFU restore in iTunes to OS 4.0.1

Then i checked facetime.. works.

then MMS. works.

then i ran jailbreakme.com

checked facetime.. works

MMS.. works..

then I updated cydia, installed my3g, mywi, a slew of other items..

checked MMS and facetime.. worked..

then I restored from my backup

checked again... WORKS..

got on 3G and did a facetime call on my way home... it worked..

went into cydia and installed Fake Carrier (to change my carrier from ATT to some other text)

I did 2 cydia updates (i can't remember exactly)

went back to facetime... BOOM! no longer working... when i disable facetime and reenable it.. its stuck on waiting for activation... tried everything, reboot, network settings, uninstall my3g, etc, etc.. can't get past waiting for activation...

20. zurie macrumors newbie

I solved it! My facetime failed messages were due to installing MobileLog... apparently on MobileLog 4.0 there is a conflict thats killing facetime.. I uninstall mobilelog, reboot my phone, facetime works... reinstall MobileLog.. reboot.. facetime fails to connect instantly.

dunno if replacing recents (a option in mobilelog) is the culprit or just the whole app in general trying to tie into MobilePhone and take over.. whatever it is, i've emailed ixtension (MobileLog) support and am going to have them look into it... hopefully a update will come out and fix it since i paid good money for MobileLog.

for anyone who has a Facetime failed to connect issue where it was once working.. check if you own mobilelog, and see if it helps.. i know it was my problem ... good luck :)

21. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

3GS cydia snafu

All of this looks familiar. My my3g icon has been larger than the others. So i saw that cydia had 4 upgrades.....I clicked on it. It spun for about 15 mins and being impatient as usual, I hard reset. Wrong. Stuck on logo. Had to dufu and restore. Then restore hung up right at the end. Erro code related to keychain? So....I had setup another acct on my mbpro for testing and it allowed me to finsh. But then the funniest thing..evn after I did like a total sync, notes, contacts, address book.....I lost my air sharing stuff....lost my notes....contacts came back....but I used my notes for passwords...until I installed msecure. Thank god for that. Also had to reinstall email! I have restored hundreds of times...but like I said I wasn't given a choices of backups because I has to use vanilla iTunes on my testing account.
    Anyway..now I'm stuck with 4.02.....and a year left on contract! I don't know if iwant a 4 anyway....don't care for that 25gig deal. I like my unlimited. So I did notice when it was upgrading..lotta stuff dolled by...3G....substrate....etc etc. Wonder what made that icon so large to start with...it was twice as big as the others. Btw I have new MBP and I did a migration. So that might be the keychain problem. I. Dunno.

22. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I just ended up restoring it back to 4.0.1 and re-jailbreaking it. If you have to restore, download the ispw file and hold Option and click restore (or shift instead of option for windows users). Not sure how long you'll be able to do it that way though.

23. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

Jailbroke again..

I think I did it diffrent. Slightly. I used umbrella to see if there was an shsh for me somewhere.(I thought I had saved it)
    Then I found this website that used a thing called irecovery...put it on desktop with my firmware files(4.01).
    Hit the option button while hitting restore.....I ony had one backup. My phone was trashed....I even lost my notes...everything.
    Anyway, after that it went real smooth. They had a thing about using terminal..but I didnt do it.
    Only prob I have is mywi doesnt know me.(And we arent even related)
    SO I guess I will have to buy it again. I dunno. I only bought it outa curiosity. My son doesnt have wifi and I was testing for him.

24. docomar macrumors newbie

mobilelog 4 and facetime

Woow : THANKS A LOT : uninstalling Mobilelog 4 solved my "facetime failed"
    FaceTime and Mobilelog 4 are totally incompatible!!!!!!!

25. Th3d0ctor macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

I have this problem and I don't have mobilelog installed : (. Its seems like a crap load of people have this problem but there isnt a full solution. Is there any other programs that may screw with facetime?