FaceTime works sometimes and not others

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicoga3000, Mar 19, 2011.

1. nicoga3000 macrumors newbie

My fiance and I are trying to get facetime working since we currently live across states. I'm on my iPad 2 and she's on her MBP (she got one a few months before the most recent update to Sandy Bridge, fyi).

When it comes to facetime, I can use it with my friend who has an iPhone 4 flawlessly. It literally works every single time. With my fiance, we've gotten it to work/connect 3 times total. Once while I was in the same room as her, and twice since then across our connections.

So I don't think it's a port issue as it tends to work sometimes and not others. It feels like the software is literally just not working right. Can anyone lend a hand? A few points of interest:

-Skype works perfectly (the resolution is just meh and you can't turn it on the iPad). So video is going through

-It has worked before

-When it has connected in the past, the two times it wasn't at her place, we've been randomly disconnected and unable to reconnect

-The error it gives is on her end - Failed to connect or something like that

Thanks for the help!

2. Nathe macrumors member

I'm having a few problems with it too. I can dial from iPhone to MacBook fine, but when I try to dial from MacBook to iPhone I get an error message telling me the iPhone doesn't support FaceTime? :confused: