FaceTime

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rumorman69, Oct 31, 2010.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I know you can call someone on an iPod Touch 4g with facetime. However, does the ipod touch actually ring or how can they tell someone is calling? Do they have to enable push notifications? If the ipod won´t ring then it´s almost pointless cause they will barely ever pick up...

2. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

Faint ringing.
    No vibrations.
    Missed call notification if you didn't pick up.
    That's about it.

3. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Wouldnt the ringer be loud if the speaker volume is set to high or does the ringer volume not depend on the current speaker volume? Is there a video of an ipod touch ringing/receiving a facetime call? Thanks.

4. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The volume of ringer is set to the ringer volume in settings. The iPod touch's volume isn't that loud, especially with the default ringer.

5. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Mmm, can you change the default ringer though?

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

From my experience, there is no setting for FaceTime to choose the ringer. It is what it is.

7. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Yes you can. You change it in Settings - Sounds - Ringtone.

8. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

If you use a ringtone you made in itunes and make sure the volume is up all the way it is decently loud. I used a ringtone I bought from itunes and it isn't nearly as loud as a ringtone that you made with earlier versions of itunes.

9. lbereck macrumors newbie

All True

:D:D first off, in the ipod touch (the newest one), you go to settings. In the settings tab, there will either be a thing that says FaceTime, or something that says Ringer Settings, or ajust volume. :D:D