Facetime

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vudols, Nov 26, 2010.

1. vudols macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have read the many rumors about the next generation iPad and the likely inclusion of a Facetime camera. Does anyone know of any plans to bring Facetime to the first generation iPad via a peripheral device or perhaps via a bluetooth connection to an iPhone/iPad touch? Seems like there should be something in the works considering how many iPads have been sold and are likely to be sold during the holiday season...

2. AML225 macrumors regular

My gut is telling me Apple will not produce anything like this. Adding a significant new feature, such as face time, will drive people to upgrade. Apple didn't do anything like this for the previous iPhones.

3. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i tend to agree with you in this regard. Apple would definitely rather you drop another $500+ on a new iPad rather than say $100ish on a camera attachment

4. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Well, there is a chance that some 3rd party accessory manufacturer will offer a snap on camera, but I'd say the odds are slim.

Apple did promise to make FaceTime an open spec. If they do that, there may be a lot of 3rd party FaceTime supporting gear for older iPods and iPads.

5. InsiderApps macrumors member

I don't think it's the hardware that's the problem - I think the issue is getting the software to go with it to work with FaceTime, and to get it accepted into the store..