FaceTime

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by momzoo, Feb 10, 2013.

1. momzoo macrumors newbie

I am trying to FaceTime my daughter and I receive a message that she is not available for face time. She has an IPhone. I thought between apple products we could. Is it because it is an iPhone to ipad that it does not work?

Thanks for letting me know what my problem is.

Momzoo

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, it should work fine, make sure that your daughter has FaceTime enabled on her phone, and that you are using the correct email address to call her..remember that FT uses email addresses and not phone numbers.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

FaceTime does use phone numbers. I can be called on my email or phone number.

momzoo, you may want to have her connect to Wi-Fi as her current cellular plan may not allow for her to use FaceTime over cellular. Same on your end as well. If you both are on Wi-Fi (1-3 bars next to your carrier logo at the top), then you may want to check if both devices do in fact have FaceTime enabled.

To check FaceTime settings, go to Settings>FaceTime and there you can both see what email addresses or phone numbers are being used and whether it's turned on or not.