FaceTime

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manofword, Jun 24, 2010.

1. manofword macrumors newbie

Just got a FaceTime call from a friend locally. It worked great! Switched cameras etc. Video quality and audio worked seamlessly. We both tried to get it to work at the ATT store, using their WiFi, but it wouldn't connect. So my friend called me from his home to my office it connected right away. Really nice feature!

Anyone else having good success or problems?

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I thought it worked great. Same thing here in that we switched the cameras and walked around the house a bit and there was no lag save a small hiccup here & there (just due to net traffic I'm sure). Lip synch issues were not detectable even one little bit. I was very impressed.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I heard that you can initiate it without starting a call first?

Also, wouldn't it be cool to use it with 2 other people, iChat style in landscape.

4. bamf macrumors 6502

It worked great for me as well, and in a 6 minute call only used 3.5MB of bandwidth (according to my Barracuda web filter) - so the bandwidth is not terrible either.

5. bamf macrumors 6502

Yes, just got to the contact and click "Facetime" and you don't have to make a phone call first.

6. The General macrumors 601

Yep, there's a button in the contact at the bottom to start a FaceTime session without using the cell network.

7. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Cool. Unfortunately, I know no one with an iPhone 4 yet.

8. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

My friends all suck. No one I know has one yet, and one guy will upgrade his 3G at some point. Until then, no FaceTime for me.

9. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

FaceTime lived up to the hype for me. I wish I could use it more as my wife and I are the only ones I know that have an iPhone 4. Somehow I don't think that will be the case for long the way this first batch sold out so quickly.