Factory Locked Phone.....?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by amitabhbansal, Aug 12, 2011.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

friends
    i have just purchased iPhone 4 and when i open it i came to know that its locked and i can only use AT&T service provider sim card, whereas i want to use another subscriber i don't know what to do, its firmware version is 4.3.5, please guide me to use the iPhone with any service provider.
    Thanks

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

3. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

I am from India and i asled my friend who was going to USA to bring a iPhone 4 for me, he don't know anything about it, so he bought factory locked:(

Brother at this website you gave me, i don't know what to do in it, but its showing something which is like sim card, and my iPhone have that thing also. please tell me what to do? can jail breaking do the needful

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yes its a SIM tray that replaces the default one, so it can read your SIM card from your carrier

jailbreaking will not help you unlock a different way

5. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well im not sure want you mean the phone already has a sim try that you put your sim card in, that tray comes all the way out, then you put you sim in this gevey tray then put it in your phone

7. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

no no, you misunderstand me, i know what is sim tray, i want to tell that the sim tray have something like sim card, here you can see its picture
    http://applenberry.com/store/gevey-sim/gevey-ultra.html
    in this picture Sim tray contains a GOLDEN COLOUR sim card kind of thing, its like a circuit board like sim card have.

8. Qoo macrumors 6502

that is the Gevey Turbo Sim, why don't you watch the youtube video and follow the instruction to understand how that works :mad:

You purchase the Gevey Turbo Sim, it will comes with a new sim tray, Gevey Sim Card, Instruction.

All you need to do just use a scissor to cut your original sim to the micro-sim and insert into the new sim tray with the gevey sim at the bottom of the tray and insert all into the phone and follow the instruction to get it unlock.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thats just what makes it work, it will read your sim over riding the phones SIM "reader"

10. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

but how to use it? i have tried to place the sim over that sim kind of thing but the space is overflow and my sim is not fit it in the tray :(

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

do you have a Micro SIM? or a regular size one?

12. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

not sure, i dont use one but im sure there is youtube videos on how to use it

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have to cut your microsim even more in order to fit right with that adapter.
    Then follow the directions with what you need to dial etc..
    Gevey is a pain though.

15. Qoo macrumors 6502

I don't think Gevey is a pain, i went to Hong Kong in the past month and once i landed in the airport i purchase a sim at the shop and they cut it to microsim for me and i follow the instruction to get it unlock less than 3 minutes. it works like charm, no problem, no hassle at all :D

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Having to dial that number, toggle airplaine mode and the rest of the steps does make it a pain IMO.
    Many non-tech savvy people will have issues with it. I had a friend that ended up receiving a defective one and we were fighting for over an hour to get it to work and nothing. It would get signal for a few seconds and you could dial out and then it would just die.

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

your story doesn't make sense unless your friend bought you a used iPhone 4. New iPhone 4 in the US are factory unlocked now (no contract price ones'). If you have the receipt and your friend bought you a new one then you can complain to apple to get it factory unlocked. :cool:

18. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

It depends on where you buy it. Only the apple store is selling SIM unlocked.
    You can buy a full price one from ATT that is still locked. Now don't ask me why anyone would do so but it is what it is.