iPhone Factory reset then rejailbreak, (for future use)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by uisim151, Jan 10, 2014.

1. uisim151, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014

uisim151 macrumors regular

uisim151

I read a post that it is not possible to do a factory reset through the settings in phone? Is this incorrect? I dont see why it would not be possible to erase all content and settings via in phone settings then rejailbreak. For example, the phone is overloaded with tweaks and or runs low and you just have to feel like the phone has a fresh start for your own comfort. I know a restore through iTunes would be impossible once a new version of ios is out. So if the phone is not that far gone is this possible? And is this is not possible is there something that can wipe everything but the jailbreak itself. For example if there are just too many tweaks causing issues and you want sort of a fresh start?

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Using that option puts the phone into a boot loop.

I you want to start over with fresh clean firm ware and keep your jailbreak you must use some thing like this. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/23/how-to-use-ilex-rat/

Reset all settings and erase all content is a big no no on a jailbroken device. Boot loop city.

3. uisim151 thread starter macrumors regular

uisim151

Cool thanks for confirming it. Perfect that app is exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!