Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen2121

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Hi

I am selling my series 3 watch. The screen is broken, but I found a buyer who wants to play around with it and see if he can fix it. He will also get my band and charger.

Anyway, as the screen is cracked it will not accept any input from me. I unpaired the watch through the phone app. However the watch still shows the watch face I was using with the complications I chose. Time is still correct as well.

It does not seem erased and I am not sure I want to hand it over to someone else without being sure.

Any suggestions? Other than not selling it :)

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Are you able to pair it back to the iPhone? There is a reset option from the Watch app. As far as I am aware, the only option is the Watch app off the iPhone or from the settings app on the Watch itself.

felixen2121

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Are you able to pair it back to the iPhone? There is a reset option from the Watch app. As far as I am aware, the only option is the Watch app off the iPhone or from the settings app on the Watch itself.

No. Unfortunately I am not able to repair it.
[doublepost=1539372919][/doublepost]
I do not think a lot of data is kept on the phone, I would not sell it unless I could reset it though

Me neither. But I guess it will give access to my iMessage if unlocked.

felixen2121

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
That was also my last resort, but it is not in find my iPhone.

I guess it disappeared as I unpaired it.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
That was also my last resort, but it is not in find my iPhone.

I guess it disappeared as I unpaired it.
Something is amiss. Unpairing it should have reset it, so it wouldn't show the watch face you selected. It should be showing the initial greeting screen in various languages and trigger a prompt on your phone about pairing with a new watch.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

felixen2121

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Something is amiss. Unpairing it should have reset it, so it wouldn't show the watch face you selected. It should be showing the initial greeting screen in various languages and trigger a prompt on your phone about pairing with a new watch.

Yes it seems weird doesn’t it.

I found the thread below earlier on the Apple forum.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8427873

It seems like the same problem.

felixen2121

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
It seems like if the buyer could get your watch working, they would need your passcode, but that would be just a guess.
Yes. It asks for the passcode, but the screen doesn’t work.

It still feels a bit weird to sell it to him, knowing it might not be erased properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.