Factory restore iPhone 4 after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by myronn, Dec 19, 2011.

1. myronn, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

myronn macrumors newbie

Dear friends,

I bought a locked (AT&T) iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1 on it with BB 04.11.08. It was not activated and I did a tethered jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.9b8. Then I discovered that it is impossible (to date) to unlock 04.11.08 baseband and I just want to give this phone back. The problem is that "Restore" and "Check for Update" buttons are greyed out... How can I get this thing to do a factory restore so that it goes back to non activated mode?

I read that I need to use TinyUmbrella and uncheck the box "Set Hosts to Cydia on exit". I did that but the button "Restore" in iTunes 10.5.2 is grayed out and I can't do anything :)

Can anyone help me, please?

2. myronn thread starter macrumors newbie

upd: I edited the hosts file and deleted all lines with gs.apple.com in them. Then I restarted iTunes. But both "Restore" and "Check for Update" buttons are still greyed out :/ Is it possible to somehow make a factory restore without using iTunes? I'm a bit confused now, don't really know what to do...

3. myronn thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Try to get in DFU mode, and see if iTunes finds it, and then you can restore it, i hope..