Factory Restore New Retina Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cursor, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

Hello everyone,

I'm in a bit of a bind. I just got a new Retina Macbook Pro. To save time, I ended up migrating everything over WiFi (apps, prefs, files) off of my old 20" iMac.

I'm having some problems with the QuarkXpress and the Adobe CS4 apps. So now, I'm thinking I want to erase everything and just start fresh with clean installs.

My question is, is there a way to put the computer back to the factory settings with all of the pre-installed iLife apps? I don't just want to reinstall Lion, but I want it how it would've been when it was shipped to me?

If there is a better way to explain this, I'll try. Let me know if any of you can provide any help.

Thanks in advance!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Hold command+R on boot and use the recovery partition to erase the drive and then do a clean install of Lion. As long as you've registered your rMBP then you shouldn't have a problem going into the mac app store and reinstalling the ilife applications for free.

4. Cursor thread starter macrumors 6502

Cursor

Thanks for the helpful comments! Lion looks like it booted up fine. Now to see if I can download the replacement iLife.

Thanks again!