Factory Unlocked iP4s + Limera1n

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tunster, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tunster macrumors 6502

Just need some advice here!

I'm based in the UK and have got the iPhone 4 since the initial release. It's the unlocked version bought from the Apple store. I ignored the 4.0.2 jailbreak and went straight for 4.1 as I wasn't interested in jailbreaking.

However, since the release of limera1n (and greenpois0n) lately; I would love to give it a try! I'm a techie person already, but just want to clarify a few things.

I'm on 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04. Is it okay to jailbreak and restore as many times as I like without ruining thew SIM unlock status of the phone? Is there any point protecting the baseband or getting hold of the SHSHs for future? Also, restoring to the factory firmware; will the backup of my messages etc (taken in iTunes) get downloaded straight back if I decide to remove the jailbreak?

2. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

If you have a factory unlocked phone it is hardware unlocked. You can do all of the Apple updates and baseband updates without worry. It is hardware unlocked.

3. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

you can do whatever you like with your factory unlocked phone with no worries about losing the unlock...baseband updates are no worry to phones that are unlocked from apple...jailbreak away!

4. Tunster thread starter macrumors 6502

Fantastic! Will do me fine until I can get a white iPhone next year (there's me hoping!) on my contract and then I can sell this one on.

If anyone can answer my other questions, that'd be great. Just eager to try this!

5. yorkman macrumors member

yorkman

hi, i got the same but with an i phone 3GS and i JB with Limra1nn just to report no problem so far, everything running OK, also i have JB and unlocked a 3G, running on 4.0 and for that i have to wait til the new tool com around
    thanks

6. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

No point in preventing the baseband if you phone is unlocked...its only for carrier issues....keeping SHSH's on your computer or via Cydia are essential for downgrading or restoring if Apple release an update which isn't jailbreakable

yes....they will be restored from backup on your pc!

7. Tunster thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys! Just gotta try to figure out how to transfer all my Google contacts (where I had an android phone before) into MobileMe so I have a definate backup.

8. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

High five for UK-ness and SIM-Free-ness :D

I'm in the same position as you, jailbreak went fine :)

9. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Use the Contact Sync feature in Apple Contacts, it'll import them from Google, then you can sync your contacts with Mobile me. I was in your same boat and it worked great. Just make sure u use the right merge\replace toggles so they don't disappear :)