Factory unlocked iPhone backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chuckd83, Feb 10, 2011.

1. chuckd83 macrumors regular

I am in Singapore and just got a refurbished iPhone since my old one was under warranty. The old one had Cydia, 06.15 iPad firmware, etc. in order to unlock it for local carriers. The refurbished one they gave me is factory unlocked (under local law maybe?). My question is: if I restore the new phone through iTunes, what exactly will be restored? Just apps or will it go to 06.15 instead of 05.15.04?

2. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

All the backup stores is data and settings, it won't put the iPad baseband on to the device as that can only be achieved through jailbreaking.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you restore from a backup you'll just get your contacts, texts, call history, etc. The baseband won't be upgraded because it's not something that Apple had approved or whatever. You're pretty lucky for getting a factory unlocked model!

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You have no idea how lucky you are. When you installed the ipad baseband you immediately voided your warranty. It is also a very obvious sign that you voided the warranty.

The person that exchanged the phone for you must have been sleeping.

Go out and buy a lotto ticket.

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Just waiting for the obligatory what if about copying the contents of the phone's firmware to unlock other phones with......

No it won't work. Chip IDs are unique to each phone.