Factory Unlocked iPhones (Legally Unlocked by Apple)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fredrickyoon, Jul 14, 2009.

  1. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

    fredrickyoon

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Location:
    Seoul, South Korea
    #1
    I had purchased a factory unlocked (legally unlocked by Apple) from a seller on eBay in Australia. It was brand new, the black 32 GB 3GS and all was good, but I noticed that with my AT&T SIMs card in there, the reception would fluctuate consistently between 3G, Edge, and then back to searching. Luckily, I got rid of it and purchased another one from Italy which I got this morning, and it looks like this one is flawless and perfect. No issues so far and enjoying it. Australia also sells factory unlocked ones, but I don't know if the one that I had was faulty or not. But very happy with the Italian one right now which I will keep for now.
     
  2. moka macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Location:
    California
    #2
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

    Ok...
     
  3. asaeta macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2009
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
  4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

    Givmeabrek

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2009
    Location:
    NY
  5. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2009
    Location:
    Australia
    #5
    I'm in Australia. I have a factory unlocked iPhone purchased at the Online Apple Store... in Australia ;) can you see where this is heading... :rolleyes: and it's flawless!
     
  6. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

    theMaccer

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2006
    Location:
    SoCal
    #6
    Point of the thread - Dont buy Australian, buy Italian.
     
  7. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

    isaaclimdc

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2009
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
  8. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

    Abyssgh0st

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Location:
    Norman, OK
  9. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

    isaaclimdc

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2009
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
  10. dave006 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2008
    #11
    Just a friendly reminder to all, your unlocked iPhone that you purchase from another country or is a part number for another country, will only have a warranty in that country. You don't get worldwide warranty service on the iPhone....:mad:

    Now you know why the Thread Starter dumped the first "Unlocked" iPhone.

    Dave
     
  11. jman240 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    #12
    http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=NzExNjcxMw

    If you're wondering.

    879 AUD = about 695 USD
     
  12. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2008
  13. dave006 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2008
    #14
  14. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2009
    Location:
    NYC
    #15
  15. /b/ macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2008
  16. EfVonZee macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2009
    #17
    Hi.
    I am interested.
    I have searched everywhere for reasonably priced iPhone 3G s.
    I live in South Africa.
    Please contact me ASAP
    Thanks:)
     
  17. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

    vinay427

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2008
    #18
    Uhh... no comment.
     
  18. Remag1234 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Location:
    NY
    #19
    5% of the people have hemorrhoids, the other 95% are Perfect AHol*s.:p
    Any questions?:)

    www.buy.com is selling Legally Unlocked iPhones. They just raised the price from $877 to:mad: $999.99 w/ free shipping.
     
  19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

    Sun Baked

    Joined:
    May 19, 2002

Share This Page