Factory wrapping - awesome screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bencjedi, Nov 4, 2017.

1. bencjedi macrumors 6502

Just wanted to mention I neglected to purchase a screen protector prior to receiving my X yesterday, but it occurred to me that the factory wrap if never peeled off will protect the phone. I already had a nice case I ordered last week(iPhone X Case, YOUMAKER Heavy Duty Protection Kickstand Shockproof Clip Holster Case Cover for All New Apple iPhone 10 (2017 Edition) 5.8 inch WITHOUT Built-in Screen Protector - Black/Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074X7Z6YX?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf) so all I had to do is slip the phone in the case with the factory wrap still on it. I can even hear the speaker through it but am considering gently poking some holes there with a pin tip. Maybe I don’t need the glass protector I ordered?

2. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

I would definitely use a glass protector

3. trife macrumors 6502

trife

LMAO @ keeping that on there permanently. Great short-term solution, but nah man....don't do it. Put some respeck on that 1K+ device.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The phone isn't meant to be used with the wrapping on it. You are asking for trouble. Get a screen protector.

5. roeiz macrumors 65816

roeiz

get a screen protector, man, you're doing it wrong!

6. bencjedi thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah it’s just a short term solution til the glass protector shows up from Amazon. Seriously wish I had a clean room to install these things though. I actually left the factory wrap on my iPhone 3G way back when. It lasted about 2 months before it started peeling off from the corners touching stuff