Facts of the future Macbook Pro CPU's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dwalls90, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Deleting Thread - Some people can't help but only flame, I guess.

2. belvdr macrumors 603

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Someone's confused. Maybe this will help:
    fact |fakt|
    noun
    a thing that is indisputably the case
    speculate |ˈspekyəˌlāt|
    verb [ intrans. ]
    1 form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence​

The OP is speculating, not stating confirmed fact.

4. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Most of the OP's points were actually facts..

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Speculation

The OP has no proof of what Apple will or won't do in the future; only speculation.

6. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Are you being deliberately obtuse? I said Most of his points were facts, which they were.

You're trolling..

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, I'm stating fact, which is different from speculation. The OP named the thread, "Facts of the future Macbook Pro CPU's", not "Facts about Intel CPUs" and not "Speculation about the future Macbook Pro CPU's"

8. pnyc macrumors 6502

Uh ... This is all pure speculation on the future Macbook Pro CPU's.

9. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Sure thing - you can trot along and claim that Apple will completely revolutionize their notebooks, only months after already changing the specs. It's not economically viable to be changing your product line all the time, Apple only updates in 8 month intervals. Plus - you KNOW they want Arrandale in their computers. Why would they upgrade to Clarksfield only to switch to Arrandale a few months or weeks later? Sure - call it speculation, but your argument is comparable to saying that my car with an MPG rating of 30 and a tank capacity of 20 will get 1000 miles on a single tank.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

nope
    Sorry, I don't know this. Neither do you.
    This is the only course of action?
    kthxbai

11. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

it is all speculation...

if its fact...then i guess its safe to say apple is switching to the RS series ATI IGP which is as fast as the 9400M and much more logical decision then the intel integrated versions.

12. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

There already is a thread on Arrandale that is much more active and has many more posts. This wasn't needed.

13. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

14. iPhownage macrumors newbie

Apple will scratch your balls for you. Is this confirmed by Apple? No. Am I basing this off of Apple's trends in which they have followed for many years? Yes

Thanks for the heads up Moore...

15. CTechKid macrumors regular

The Apple community doesn't already have enough self-proclaimed pundits with AMAZING insight and "facts" to share...... nope..... no we don't. :rolleyes:

16. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Thanks for letting me know of that difference.

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Who the hell are you arguing with? Yourself? No post in this thread has claimed anything about Apple's future products, except yours. Who said Apple is or isn't updating anything after 8 months, or any other interval, except you? Who said Apple is upgrading to Clarksfield OR Arrandale, besides you? Do you have an invisible 6' rabbit you're arguing with? Whose "arguments" are you challenging? And who cares how many miles you get on a tank of gas? You seriously need to get back on your meds!

The only challenge you're getting in this thread is that what you claim to be "fact" is purely speculation on your part, since you have no inside information about what Apple's future product development will be.

18. Dwalls90 thread starter macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'm not telling people what to think, nor am I telling people what Apple will do. I simply posted what Intel is doing, and what Apple has done in the past, along with pointing out some facts such as an IGP is not an integrated GPU (90% of people on these forums make that mistake).

Man, stop the trolling already. Apple fanbois can be oh so catty.

19. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

IGP = Integrated Graphics Processor

90% of the people are right...

both major graphics card manufactures think that IGP is integrated graphics.

so what are you trying to say....there wrong....

another great thread by Dwalls

20. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I sure hope not.

Nope.

Nope.

No, I don't, and neither do you.

It's speculation.

Not only is this a completely, laughably incorrect comparison... no, that's about it. These are nonsense words.

Gosh, he's like me, but BLATANTLY stating his speculation as fact. :p If you want to do this kind of thing in the future, be sure to call the thread "The 2010 (Arrandale) MacBook Pro: Everything We Know" ;)

21. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

geofreak, is that you login as Tallest Skil ? :p

22. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I still don't get the point of this thread.

Apple has updated MacBook two times in a year since 2002 (excluding 2005). And now MacBook is almost dead (only one model), MacBook Pro is Apple's main target.

That's true, Sep-Oct release. Apple won't use them because high clocked duals vs. low clocked quads (3.06GHz vs. 2GHz), that confuses the customer. Also, Clarksfields are 45W and 55W, quite hot for laptop.

Q4 '09 is still possible but IMO, it's going to be 2010 because otherwise Clarksfield will be killed almost immediately.

IGP is good thing IMO. GPU isn't needed in everyday tasks such as e-mailing, web surfing... I hope prices comes down because no need for GPU like 9400M

23. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're trolling. And I'm not a "fanboy" or any other kind of boy. Discerning the difference between fact and speculation takes basic intelligence, not some unwarranted allegiance to any company or its products. You can speculate all day long, but don't call it fact.... because it's not.