Fade out

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JPS, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JPS macrumors regular

Not a Mac question, per se, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make a word (i.e. a title on a title page) gradually fade from black letters to white, say in Microsoft Word?

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Would it not be more suitable to use a presentation application to achieve that sort of thing, such as Keynote or PowerPoint?

3. theironheath macrumors newbie

theironheath

if by fade out you mean the text has a gradiant where by say the top of the letter is black and the bottom of the letter is white and there is a gradual gradient of colour between then word art in Microsoft Word does this.

4. JPS thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately I have neither. I'm really looking for a way to fade the letters in a title from black to shades of gray.

----------

The fade would go from left to right.

5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

how about faking it by changing the colour of each letter to different shades of gray ?

6. theironheath macrumors newbie

theironheath

I'm pretty sure word art can do what you are asking , to make the fade go from left to right you just change the angle of the gradient ,

choose word art from the documents and elements tab, pick the example that looks like a vertical gradient , type your text and then choose format text effects from the drop down menu and click the gradient option , change the angle of the gradient to something around 0 degrees, choose your gradient colours and your done

7. JPS thread starter macrumors regular

Teleromeo--yes, that works beautifully. Many thanks!