Fade out

JPS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Not a Mac question, per se, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make a word (i.e. a title on a title page) gradually fade from black letters to white, say in Microsoft Word?

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
Would it not be more suitable to use a presentation application to achieve that sort of thing, such as Keynote or PowerPoint?

theironheath

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
Leeds, UK
if by fade out you mean the text has a gradiant where by say the top of the letter is black and the bottom of the letter is white and there is a gradual gradient of colour between then word art in Microsoft Word does this.

JPS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Unfortunately I have neither. I'm really looking for a way to fade the letters in a title from black to shades of gray.

----------

The fade would go from left to right.

theironheath

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
Leeds, UK
I'm pretty sure word art can do what you are asking , to make the fade go from left to right you just change the angle of the gradient ,

choose word art from the documents and elements tab, pick the example that looks like a vertical gradient , type your text and then choose format text effects from the drop down menu and click the gradient option , change the angle of the gradient to something around 0 degrees, choose your gradient colours and your done

JPS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Teleromeo--yes, that works beautifully. Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.