fail/apple win (pic)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple3g040193, Oct 14, 2010.

1. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2009
    So i was playing football on concrete as it was just a catch and my iphone was in my pocket with no case on and as i was going to make a catch i jumped and my iphone fell out of my pocket and landed on concrete. So a few days later i went into the apple store fully willing to pay 200 to get it replaced and the genius told me hell fix it on the house this one time. i was extactic said thank you and left with my new phone. just wanted to post this to show all of you with cracked screens there is hope youll get a nice genius.

(sorry for the crappy pic all i had for a camera was my bros bb bold)

Attached Files:

• ouch.jpg
      File size:
      39.2 KB
  2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Jan 27, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I love stuff like this. One of the main geniuses at my local apple store is really a grouch tho so its hard to get stuff replaced with him. I've had him twice, but after a slightly unpleasant time he replaced my iPod touch once and my iPhone once.

Good to know other people can be better though.
  3. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2009
    and now i have an otterbox on my new iphone i learned my lesson lol.
  4. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

Dec 31, 2009
    New Jersey
    That sucks man, about the damage, the Genius rocks! I have an Interview with apple to become a genius and i promise to be a nice one if i get it :)
  5. apple3g040193 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2009
    i just hope the genius doesn't get in trouble for this.
  6. applebook macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2009
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

It's good stuff like this that the sycophantic blogs rarely talk about. Contests. Apple is tops in customer satisfaction for a reason.
  7. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

Jul 26, 2010
    Lucky for u. My friend had to pay $210 at the apple store.
  8. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2009
    Titletown USA
    Dear PhelpsiPhan, we regret to inform you that the upcoming genius interview you had scheduled at your local :apple: store has been canceled. It has been brought to our attention that you may actually have first hand knowledge of our products and that you also may be nice. :)
  9. sammich macrumors 601

Sep 26, 2006
    Well, we broke one of our brand new ones. So we took it into the Apple Store, but it down on a table in front of a whole bunch of people and told them our story: it dropped a couple feet onto pavement.

We got a new replacement on the spot.