Fail to update drivers

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by lilkersh, Oct 27, 2011.

1. lilkersh macrumors newbie

How do you upgrade your drivers. Whenever i try it just says i dont have th proper graphics adapter, but my computer has the right graphics card. I am 100% sure i have the graphics card that i am trying to update. My mbp has an AMD radeon 6750M HD

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Run Software Update

By right clicking the little apple symbol, top left of your screen. Mac's and Pee Cee's are very different in the way driver installations work.

If software update reports back that you are up to date, then you are. Some here will go looking on the Apple sites for updated drivers, and that should be your next port of call:
    http://support.apple.com/downloads/

3. lilkersh thread starter macrumors newbie

srry i forgot to specify... i am talking about updating my drivers in bootcamp. the update is to version 11.9 and it doesnt seem to work

----------

i get an error saying my computer doesnt have the right graphics adapter

4. doh123 macrumors 65816

oh... you are install Windows drivers... make sure your driver download says it supports the 6750M ... sometimes certain drivers straight from nvidia will mess up.... thats the wonderful world of Windows.

you can also get good drivers from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ which usually work fine.

5. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Sometimes manufacturers use a customized version of the graphics card. In this case the only way is to try to find a driver that's been modified for your situation or wait for an update from Apple.

6. lilkersh thread starter macrumors newbie

My driver is currently at version 11.1 I am downloading the drivers off of the AMD website. I am 100% sure that my download should support my driver but for somereason my computer or the download doesnt recognize the driver i have...

7. musicjon macrumors newbie

Read the post above you. You need to remove the old drivers first.

8. BrutusMaximus macrumors member

BrutusMaximus

What do i do if i have never upgraded my video drivers from the original bootcamp ones?