Failed App Update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kashchei, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

i updated my apps wirelessly and one of them did not work (it is still is labeled 'update'). I plugged my phone into my computer and this didn't fix the problem: believe it or not, the update didn't download to my Mac). So now I am stuck with a phone that won't update this one app and a computer that won't download the update. Has anyone heard of this before, and is there a way to fix it?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing its gain? Perhaps restarting the phone somewhere in that as well (perhaps after deleting and before re-installing).

3. Kashchei thread starter macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Thanks for the help--I'll try this. Will my in-app purchases be recognized when I reinstall?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Usually that's because the update stalled. Press on the app twice to get it going again, or go into the App store app and press on the update circle in the updates tab. It'll say "Update" again. Press it again to restart the update.

5. Lockon macrumors regular

This is happening to me quite frequently now. Usually have to reboot and reinstall the app.