Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
i updated my apps wirelessly and one of them did not work (it is still is labeled 'update'). I plugged my phone into my computer and this didn't fix the problem: believe it or not, the update didn't download to my Mac). So now I am stuck with a phone that won't update this one app and a computer that won't download the update. Has anyone heard of this before, and is there a way to fix it?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing its gain? Perhaps restarting the phone somewhere in that as well (perhaps after deleting and before re-installing).

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing its gain? Perhaps restarting the phone somewhere in that as well (perhaps after deleting and before re-installing).
Thanks for the help--I'll try this. Will my in-app purchases be recognized when I reinstall?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Usually that's because the update stalled. Press on the app twice to get it going again, or go into the App store app and press on the update circle in the updates tab. It'll say "Update" again. Press it again to restart the update.

Lockon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
This is happening to me quite frequently now. Usually have to reboot and reinstall the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.