Failed bootcamp reformat help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by supe12man, Sep 6, 2011.

1. supe12man, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

supe12man macrumors newbie

Ok I was trying to extend my bootcamp partition and followed this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dir7lWCUs

Macbook Pro Mac OS X 10.6.8

And luckily I backed up my files in my Windows 7 bootcamp, and I used winclone.

On the video it tells you to go on disk utility and click on my Bootcamp and click ease and ok.

It's Mac OS Extended Journalized and when I click erase, it tries to unmount disk and it gives me an error saying "Volume Erase Failed"
    Volume Erase failed with the error:

POSIX reports: The operation couldn’t be completed. Resource busy.

And when I click on my bootcamp assistant, it MAKES me download the Windows Support software (I already had that before) and when I click download or I have the disc that came with my macbook pro it says "Bootcamp Assistant cannot be used" - The disk is not journaled. You must enable journaling using Disk Utility before using the Boot Camp Assistant.

Well I was able to delete the drive from the partition tab on Disk utility, but when I try to take back the memory, it says verification failed when I try to merge my old memory to my current memory.

I am just trying to reinstall my bootcamp and add more memory...what should I do now? please help.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Obviously, turn on journaling.

If you're blowing away the volume and all of its data, and it's still failing, you might have a bad hard drive.