iPhone XR Faint dark line right at bottom of XR screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by martin2345uk, Nov 3, 2018.

1. martin2345uk macrumors 6502a

On my XR’s screen, there’s a really rainy darkening at the bottom that’s noticeable on white backgrounds, it starts about halfway between the home bar and the bottom edge of the screen. Is this a feature of the technology limitations involved in getting the LCD without a bottom chin..?

I don’t think it’s enough to make me exchange but I might check out some display models later today to see if they have the same...

2. martin2345uk thread starter macrumors 6502a

I’ll see if I can get one that shows it....

3. Hrti macrumors newbie

Can see this very faint line on my XR that I received yesterday. It’s more obvious when tilting the phone. Also the display has a very very slight pinkish tint on the right side, only visible on white and light gray backgrounds. But overall I’m really happy with the display! It’s much more color accurate and uniform than other iPhones I’ve had. For what it’s worth I’ve seen this faint dark line on display models as well.

4. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Yeah I have the same. It’s very faint not bad enough to exchange it. I think it’s juat something to do with the backlight being in the bezel. I’m pretty certain my 8plus has something similar st the bottom.

5. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

The white screen to black edge transition on my XR is clean. If I stare... really stare I can possibly see what looks like a very mild shadow at the edge but I can’t tell if it’s just my eyes handling the transition from bright/white to dark.

6. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

7. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

Agree.

8. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

I’d return it, get a replacement, doesn’t sound normal. Good luck

9. zx128k, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018

zx128k macrumors regular

zx128k

If I look on a grey/black screen it does get a bit of a light shadow round edges. I assume this is slight lcd backlight light bleed.

10. martin2345uk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah pretty much how mine is tbh. I think from this thread it’s pretty normal, will still check out the display models later today. Thanks all!

11. martin2345uk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok so I looked in the apple store and every single XR I looked at has this same faint shadow. Case closed, no exchange required!