Faint greenish border/pink hue on iPhone 5 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xtek, Dec 31, 2013.

1. xtek, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

xtek macrumors newbie

After a year of usage my iPhone 5 acquired weird feature - greenish border around the screen. It's not a software issue - it's not visible on print screen. I found only 1 picture on the internet:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30337214/image.jpeg

It's best visible on left hand edge of the screen. Anyone had similar problem? The biggest issue is that I'm out of Apple Limited Warranty, it's been 13 months since my phone arrived. I guess I'm out of luck :/

OK, I noticed there were some topics about this on macrumors but it's been called "pink hue" not "green border" :)

2. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Even out of warranty, it can't hurt to still go down there and see what they can do.
    You've got a likely hardware failure at hand. I've had my Android phones show green lines and that always resulted in the screen going out. =(

Go to a store, call customer service, etc. You might actually get them to help. Apple customer service is one of the best out there.

3. xtek thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it is. In the US. I got my 4S replaced post-warranty some time ago when I was there on holidays. But now I'm in Poland and we don't really have "official" Apple stores here, only resellers. I bought my iP 5 from online Apple Store so I think I'm gonna call them and see what they can do...

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Well, I really do wish you the best of luck.
    I hope they'll help!

5. xtek thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I called Apple Online Support and they told me it can probably be replaced under "Consumer Laws" we have in Europe - "statutory warranty rights" in addition to Apple Limited One-Year Warranty (2 years in total). I have to go to my local authorized service provider and if they confirm described issue I will get replacement phone. Will see! :)

Interesting thing is that they revised their policies regarding these right this year after some serious fines like:

"Apple revised its warranty policy in Italy last year after being hit with a €900,000 fine for not complying with an EU-mandated two-year term. The company has today revised the terms of its warranties in France, Germany and Belgium, specifying that customers are entitled to repairs and replacements of their Apple products for a full two years after purchase, and not just one as previously stated. No word yet on when the rest of the EU will see those changes, but it would now seem to be just a matter of time before other countries get the new terms as well."

6. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

That ought to help you a lot. I'm glad you'll likely get a replacement. Keep me up to date with your progress!