Faint horizontal lines on 13'' 2011 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PicanteGamer, Mar 31, 2011.

1. PicanteGamer macrumors newbie

I'm a first time Mac owner, and I've had my new 13 inch MacBook Pro for about 3 weeks. I really love it, and though the price was a bit higher than what I'm used to paying I do think it was worth it. However, I just recently noticed that faint horizontal running lines are visible on the display. It's probably been like that since day one, but it's one of those things that once you notice you can't stop seeing it. It's really not that bad..only really noticeable on solid colors, and when I'm close to the display. However, I am wondering if this is normal. For the record, the display in my Pro is 9CCB by manufacturer 610. More than anything I'm nervous that if I get this thing swapped I'm gonna get a unit with more problems..dead pixels and the like. Aside from this particular 'issue', this MacBook has been perfect.

Thanks for any input you guys can provide.

2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Any chance you can post a picture? There should not be visible horizontal lines though.

3. PicanteGamer thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the best I could get. Obviously, it's a bit tricky to capture something like this in a picture, but hopefully it's noticeable enough.

Picture

4. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

If you're referring to lines that are visible towards the top where the color darkens, this is normal. It just seems to be more noticeable where it gets darker.

5. jamesschmidtke, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011

jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

I know what you're talking about, can't see anything in that pic tho

I had vertical lines on my imac and MBP, haven;t seen horizontal yet

6. PicanteGamer thread starter macrumors newbie

This isn't just noticeable at the top though. They're throughout the entire display, up and down. I'm just wondering if this is a quirk speicific to this display. I didn't notice it on the MacBooks at the Apple Store, but it was kind of hard to tell there. However, none of the displays there were 9CCB..they were either 9CC3 or 9CC5.

Any more input? Do you think they would swap this for me no problem if I brought it in tomorrow? SHOULD I swap it? lol