Faint lines on MBP...Advice needed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by orangensaft, Mar 19, 2011.

1. orangensaft macrumors newbie

Hello.

Today I finally received my first macbook. I am rather impressed from the ease of use but there is one thing that really concerns me.

I have noticed some faint lines on my screen. They are only visible when the background is white and I can only see them when I sit next to my macbook. You do not notice it sitting in front of the mb but I think they'd be rather distacting for a "co-watcher".

It's not normal isn't it? Unfortunately we have no apple store in our country so I would have to send it in for diagnosis and this would take its time.

I attached an imagine (accentuated contrast!) and I really appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot and I am very sorry for my bad english!

Attached Files:

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

looks like some sort of banding, which is not normal. I would contact Apple. Not the news you want to hear I am sure, but it is new and shouldn't have this.

3. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

That looks really strange, I'm not sure what would cause that. Does this appear when the brightness of the screen is turned up or down as well?

How did you purchase the computer (Apple Online Store, authorized reseller, etc)? If you can, I'd recommend sending it back and having it replaced with a new one if possible.

4. Jmouse macrumors 6502

5. orangensaft, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

orangensaft thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I bought it via the Apple Store online.

But you have to be aware that I boostet the contrast in the attached image. It is not visibile when the brightness of the screen is really really bright/dim.

I am perhaps a bit scared to get it exchanged and reveice a model with deadpixel instead...you know!

6. Jmouse macrumors 6502

if your being concern bout new replacement , then just use it. and use it alot.