Faint Shadow in LCD Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AR15MBP, Feb 16, 2009.

1. AR15MBP macrumors regular

I'm on my third MBP due to bad light leakage. I've gotten 3 9C85 screens in a row, and decided to just live with it. However, within the last week a very faint shadow seems to have developed in the center bottom of my screen. It's about 3 inches across, and goes about 4-5 inches up. Basically, it just looks like a section of the screen is slightly less bright than the rest of the screen. When the MBP is tilted to the side with a white background, the section is noticeably darker and obvious. I tried to take a pic, but it just doesn't show up with the camera. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this, as its right where I read articles and forums such as this one, and its annoying.

I'm afraid if I take it to the Genius bar they won't consider it a big enough issue to fix, if an issue at all. I just had my iPhone replaced today too because of the wifi dying on me, so they're going to think i'm an e-hypochondriac. I know it's probably something I'll have to live with, but I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts!

2. mac jones macrumors 68040

I wouldn't want to embarrass myself even though it's nagging.

I mean it's just a tool. If it was really broken that's one thing but variations are inevitable.

If your compelled you may have to try to divert your attention in order to gain perspective.

Many here will say take it in but they aren't the ones doing it.

And many here don't mind being annoying in public.(I envy them) :D

3. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

damn mac jones you cut to the core of me. ha ha no you're right, its not a big deal, but i do think that the screens apple is using for the MBPs are sub par compared to others. i do appreciate your opinion though.