Faint Touchscreen Grid?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lindros2, Mar 30, 2011.

1. lindros2 macrumors newbie

For folks who have newer (purchased in the past week) iPad 2's, can you see the faint touchscreen grid?

I don't recall this on my first iPad 2 (black/16GB).

But it is definitely evident on the new one.

Wondering if there was a supplier change (due to Japan events) that resulted in new screens with the faint grid.

2. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Mine has it in certain light if you shine it over the display, my iPhone 4 has it and my 3GS had it.

It normal and not visible when screen is on!

3. lindros2 thread starter macrumors newbie

My new iPad grid is visible when it's on, if light hits it the right way.

4. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Get it swaped, never seen one like that sounds like yours has been fitted with that wired safety glass lol!

5. mattd313 macrumors newbie

Mine is easily visible with the screen off in a well lit room, and I can faintly see horizontal/vertical lines with the screen on, even in a dark room.
    The lines I see with the screen off is understandable and acceptable, however I'm not sure what to make of the lines I see with the screen on. They are faint, and only visible with certain background colors. My eyes are pretty epic so I can usually spot these types of flaws while most people don't notice them.
    Kind of sucks.

Doing a restore to see if maybe I'm seeing something else with screen on.
    If not, guess it's going back for a return. :rolleyes:

6. Flake macrumors regular

Flake

a restore won't get rid of those o-o

7. mattd313 macrumors newbie

Like I said, to be sure the lines I'm seeing with the screen on are perhaps not the touchscreen grid, and maybe a driver issue. I've seen defects in screens get fixed through a restore, but I'm pretty sure this issue is just the grid showing through.

It's strange- my iPad 1 is perfect. My wife's iPad 2 I can see them slightly, but my iPad 2 you can see it much clearer...

I wonder if these are different LCD manufacturers or if it's just a crappy batch...