Price Advice Fair asking price for Iphone 4 32gb

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tjespo22, Sep 30, 2011.

1. tjespo22, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011

tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

I have a Black iPhone 4 32GB . Original box and all accessories. Perfect condition except for the fact that the lock button stopped working recently and I am out of a warranty. What is a fair price to ask?

Reminder from the moderators: This thread is for price advice. You can ask for or offer advice on pricing but you may not offer to buy, sell, or trade in this thread or any other thread in the Buying Tips and Advice forum. All buying/selling/trading threads must be in the Marketplace forum, which is open only to established members. See the Rules for the Buying Tips and Advice forum and the Marketplace Rules. Thank you!

2. jim.bright17 macrumors member

how far out of warranty? my power button recently stopped working and i was out of warranty so i took it in to my nearest apple store and the provided a free replacement. This obviously helps with the resale value. any ways i would sell mine for 400, which i believe is half price of a brand new one. (dont quote me on that i could be wrong)

3. Yeah Man macrumors member

A broken iPhone out of warranty? 50 bucks at most.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I wouldn't expect to get even 100 for it in that condition.

You should get that button fixed pronto, as in, 2 weeks ago, and get it on the market now.

It's flooded with iPhone 4s in anticipation of the iPhone 4S/5, so in all honesty, you'd be better off just keeping the thing. To sell it you're going to have to be either really lucky or undercut everybody.

5. mouse. macrumors newbie

Well lets see, I got $230 for my 32gb 3GS, which had no issues, but the back of it was beat up and the chrome rim around the sides was super scratched...

Considering that, these people telling you that you can't get more than $100 for it, I wouldn't believe that.

If your buttons broken, I'd list it at 350 and sell it at 300. My city's craigslist has them all listed at 450-550 (CAD) ... so thats quite a discount.