Price Advice Fair Deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamtj11, Nov 29, 2011.

1. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

Hi all I'm thinking about doing a deal in which I trade my 2011 MacBook Air base model(64gb 2gb ram) and my trusty white MacBook with intel core 2 duo and 5gb ram. In exchange I get a month old 2011 13" Pro with 8gb Ram and the rest is standard config, also I get 150 cash my way too. Is this a fair deal? Or should I take a step back from this? thanks.

2. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Step back. Your giving 2 Macs away for one. And the one isnt very good. your MacBook Air will feel much faster with the flash memory, and unless yours doing Virtual Machines or Heavy video editing, you dont need more than 4 gb of ram, So if you want, spend a little money (usually less than $100) on a ram upgrade in that macbook air, and if you can get an SSD for that macbook, if you are wanting to get rid of the white macbook, I'm sure someone would love it, put it on eBay.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Yeah probably good advice if he didn't already OWN the Macbook Air. You can't "spend a little money on RAM" on a Macbook Air once you own it.

4. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice, I think I will take a step back, don't want to rush into a deal I will regret, the 2gb of Ram on the Air isn't too bad with the fast SSD its like 4gb of ram on a mac with a standard HD. Also my MacBook is good for the Ram(5gb, can put in another if I need it but not so far) , I didn't really think until it was mentioned there that id be giving 2 Macs away for one, and that that'd be a bad deal. Definitely taking a step back, thanks for the advice again.