Price Advice Fair price for current 17" MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Skullbussa, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Skullbussa macrumors member

I have a 4-month old MacBook Pro that I'm trying to sell but have no idea what a fair price would be.

It's the current model, MC725LL/A which is the 17" MBP with i7 Sandy Bridge processor.

Ram has been upgraded to 8GB. It has the 750GB standard HD. Standard glossy screen.

Comes with OSX Lion that I purchased after I bought the laptop.

It's in mint condition and has barely been used. Comes with all packaging, cables, discs, everything.

I don't want to try to extract every last dollar out of the sale, I'm looking to sell it QUICKLY but don't want to get ripped off either. :D

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

2. Skullbussa thread starter macrumors member

3. simsaladimbamba

Mac2Sell recommends prices, that are a bit too high, thus you could meet in the middle or slightly above.
    1400 to 1600 is a good price, though you might get more, if you find the right buyer, whichever route you take.

4. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Someone else asked a similar question a week ago. He was selling his 17" 2.3 i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Antiglare screen. His initial purchase price was 2649 British Pounds. I told him he should expect to get 1800-2200 for it. He ended up receiving 2150 Pounds.

Judging by this and that your initial purchase price was roughly $2600. I say you should get 2000 for it, plus minus.!! It greatly depends on where you are selling it though.

5. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Around $1800-$2000 seems fair, no lower than $1650 however.

If you're looking to sell it quick, that's a different story. If you had time, you could market Lion and 8GB RAM and maybe end up w/ $2,150 (before eBay fees).