Price Advice Fair price for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tl01, Aug 21, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I'm selling my iPhone 6. My son wants to buy it now. That's fine with me...but I was selling it early to get a few bucks more bc I have two phones I can use until the new one comes out. It seems sort of mean to charge my boy top dollar;). I owe $450 or $480 on the next plan. He has most of it in cash and is going to sell his phone for the rest. It is a perfect scenario but now I can't decide how much to sell it for? Should I just sell it for what I owe. It is a space grey 6 64 gb AT&T.

He has wanted an iPhone but he doesn't get to have it activated....and we haven't wanted to pay full price for one. This way he gets one with apple care plus etc so it would be great.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

If it were me I would give my son the phone. (I already did that as I bought him an i6 as a present)

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

We gave him the other phone. That was just 8 months ago for Christmas. If he wants a different phone now he has to pay. He has to learn the value of money and work.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Like that, yes I would agree. As far as the price then maybe $450 is fair?

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I think this is amazing and I think what you owe for the phone is fair price as he's your son. It will still provide a lesson learned and you'll be breaking even essentially.

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

What is owed on the phone is perfect. You have nothing to lose. You are not out any money and your son learns the value of paying for something. What more could you ask for. Perfect scenario I would say.

7. kevinjohnson20 macrumors newbie

I am agree with this situation, I think let it be and let it happened. It would be great and you are not about to loose anything as per my perspective which I can see from your post.

8. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm...we hit a snag. There are no smartwatches he likes besides the apple watch and that is out of his price range. He has an asus Zenwatch but I can't find a work around to let it work with an iPhone. Darn. I hope to find a solution because he really wants an iPhone and this is a great way to get one that I know is legit and at a good price.