Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
I got it on swappa, actually bought the one off_piste mentioned earlier. Was able to negotiate with the owner before buying.
[doublepost=1458698498][/doublepost]

Thanks for pointing this out! I was able to purchase earlier today
Still trying to find a good deal. That was some good negotiation. Can you pm sellers privately? Never used swappa. DId he make a private auction you could purchase when the price dropped?

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
B&H is selling the 128gb LTE model for $950 right now. Even at $850, I personally would rather buy a new one than pick up a used one.

Reactions: Peter K.

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
Still trying to find a good deal. That was some good negotiation. Can you pm sellers privately? Never used swappa. DId he make a private auction you could purchase when the price dropped?

Unfortunately you cannot message them privately. You post a comment on their listing and make an offer that way (kind of weird because anyone subscribed to that listing can see). Once the price is agreed upon you ask the seller to modify their listing to the agreed upon price and purchase that way. Good luck with your search. :)

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Staples have their $150 off sale again $699 for 32GB and $799 for the 128GB wifi versions.

this is so damn unfair! it seems like the iPad pro is going on discount constantly in the states... and in canada, where the prices are already sky high, i haven't seen any discounts.

off_piste

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2015
this is so damn unfair! it seems like the iPad pro is going on discount constantly in the states... and in canada, where the prices are already sky high, i haven't seen any discounts.
Can you not buy it and have it shipped to you?

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Can you not buy it and have it shipped to you?

maybe, although once you factor in exchange rates and shipping i'd probably be no better off.

i'm just going to watch canadian flyers like a hawk. although i was really hoping i could get the pencil enabled 9.7 at launch. i've been recovering from a broken ankle and really been looking forwards to a little digital sketchbook to help pass the time :(

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
Got to pick up a white/gold ( preferred gray; o well) 128gb LTE unlocked model with 1.5 years Apple care, Apple white cover for front and back and a screen protector for 850 flat! Can't wait to get it!!! From the screen shots the screen also didn't look yellowish. Seems a lot of 128gb pros have warmer screens.

No luck finding any 750 LTE models. Lol

Swappa still has a few decent deals.

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
Got to pick up a white/gold ( preferred gray; o well) 128gb LTE unlocked model with 1.5 years Apple care, Apple white cover for front and back and a screen protector for 850 flat! Can't wait to get it!!! From the screen shots the screen also didn't look yellowish. Seems a lot of 128gb pros have warmer screens.

No luck finding any 750 LTE models. Lol

Swappa still has a few decent deals.

Congrats. I'm patiently waiting for mine as well.

cg006

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2012
Can't believe those Apple pencils still up there in price. May have to go get one at the Apple Store. My buddy works there and told me 75 plus tax. Still pricey everywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.