Fair to ask for Macbook replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Clyde099, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Clyde099 macrumors regular

I've taken in my mb in for repair two separate times already because of a flickering screen. The first time they replaced the logic board. The second time they replaced the screen. Needless to say, the flickering is back. I've been meaning to take it in for a month and a half now, but last time I had it in for repair they took two weeks with it. I can't afford to be without a laptop for two weeks since I am in college.

Any who, apart from the flickering screen, it seems like my hard drive is having problems. I can hear it "working" whenever I pull up any program, video, etc. The scratchy kind of noise comes from the side right of the track pad where your right hand palm would rest.

My battery also holds an 1.5 hour charge. My mb is only 14 months old. I've calibrated the battery and what-not but I just can't quite seem to get more than 2 hours.

Do you guys think it's fair to ask for a replacement given my situation? I'm looking to go see an apple genius after 'black friday' so I can get a cheap external hard drive to back up all of my stuff.

I'm just tired of having to go in every couple of months to get something fixed. Especially when I'm in school.
    I love my mac though.

Any opinion or advice welcomed.

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

By law, three repairs for the same issue warrants a replacement.