Fairly impressed about graphics performance.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Mendeli, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Mendeli macrumors newbie

So I just realized after getting a macbook air that due to investing some money in charity through the humble bundle organization, I have acquired quite a collection of games for mac os without even realizing it.

So I decided I should give it a go and try installing Legend of Grimrock on the mba and try to see how it runs.

Here´s my findings based on running around for 10 minutes.

The game runs great!
    I upped the details to set everything high
    The game still runs great and looks a bit awesome too!
    drawbacks: This is the first time I heard the fan come audible with this machine. Apparently it needs to work hard for this which is no wonder :)
    I found a writing on the wall that says "loose rock" and didnt find how to advance yet. So I havent actually ran into an enemy which might bring the framerate down a bit. No worries though, I´ll look for a walkthrough to get a step further into it. Common sense says there should be a loose rock on the wall but I tried clicking around like crazy and found nothing :rolleyes:

Oh and also, Jamestown works great too and its fun to play a little 2d shooter on this small screen too... but now my wife wants her machine back lol. We might need to get another macbook because now I want my own one too :D

point being: I never expected the integrated graphics card and fairly low frequency processor on this thing would be actually usable on semi-recent games but it seems like it very much is playable! :eek:

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

The Walking Dead game runs great on my 2012 MBA, fans barely even come on

If I play CS:GO though it sounds like my MBA is going to blow up lol.

4. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

if you can, limit the FPS. Source isn't that resource heavy, so the MBA can probably handle it and lower FPS so fans aren't working overtime =)

5. B1ueB1aze macrumors member

Diablo 3 runs great on the MBA mid-2013 as well. I can run everything on high except shadows on medium (smooth) with AA on, and it runs fine, even with a lot going on screen.